Friday 6 February 2009

Welcome to the free world...


Yesterday I left my job of 23 years
Today I intend to sink a few beers
To celebrate the great escape
From the establishment who forced my fate

My ex-colleagues are talented folk
Very highly of them I have always spoke
The world is changing and not in a good way
And I wanted more than just the pay

I love my work and do it well
But the last three years have been close to hell
The many tasks I had to achieve
Seemed impossible to believe

I wish my ex-colleagues the very best
Because their patience must pass the test
In the years to come they must do more with less
And for little reward and lots of stress

But to you all I must point out
There's more to life, I have no doubt
So take a risk and hope it will pay
Because life is short and its the only way

To ensure your enjoyment and many happy years
So come on all you stagnant peers
Stand up and let your inner self speak
And get the lives you deserve and seek

I shall very much miss you all
But you can catch me here on my blog wall
To keep up-to-date and in touch
With me Mother of Stinky Boy and Fanny Fluff

No comments:

Post a Comment